Sunday, October 30, 2011

Cindy's Dressing

Brad's mom makes the most amazing dressing! It is seriously the best I have ever tasted. It is not soggy and all mushed together like most, it is just delicious. I wanted to write it down because I am planning on making it for Christmas turkey dinner and I don't want to lose this recipe!

If you know Cindy, her recipes are all just a dabble of this, a scoop of this, a handful of these. If you plan on making this recipe, keep that in mind and really you can't go wrong with this recipe!

Dressing (makes lots, probably enough for about 20 people)

1 cup of butter
3 cups celery
2 onions chopped
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

fry this on low in a skillet for about 1/2 hour and then add:

About 6 cups of dry bread pieces
stir and add
1/2 cup cream + one egg, drizzle over dressing
2-3tsp sage
2 grated or chopped apples

steam for 1-2 hours stirring occasionally then add

2 boxes of stove top (prepared)
1 cup of craisins (more or less, depends on how much you like them)

Stir all together and serve! I hope this makes sense, you can call me if you want some help, or call Brad's mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment