Monday, May 19, 2014

DIY Taco Seasoning

I am not a fan of the taco seasoning you buy at the store.  It always is a mystery to me why it turns the meat so orange!  Plus, it gives Brad heartburn.   I am always on the lookout for a new way to season my taco meat without the store bought seasoning!  Sarah just adds salsa to her ground beef or ground turkey, which is yummy! My sis-in-law doesn't even use meat, she has tacos with beans and seasoned veggies (which is to die for!!!!!)

I found this homemade taco seasoning, which is delicious!!!!  I use it in my taco soup, tacos and everything else that calls for taco seasoning :).   I quadruple the recipe so I have lots in my storage for the next time I need it! (which is the measurements in italic!)  I bought some handy-dandy tupperware spice containers, so I measure the seasoning, put the lid on and give it a good shake and voila!

1 TBSP chili powder (4 TBPS)
1/2 tsp garlic powder (2 tsp)
1/2 tsp onion powder (2 tsp)
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (1 tsp)
1/4 tsp dried oregano (1 tsp)
1/2 tsp paprika (2 tsp)
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin (2 TBSP)
1 tsp sea salt (4 tsp)
1 tsp black pepper (4 tsp)


No comments:

Post a Comment