I actually make these muffins quite often. They have no sugar, butter and oil, and they actually taste good! I mean for sure they are not your normal banana muffin with a cup sugar, but honestly I think these are delicious and such an awesome, healthy snack for the kids!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp coconut oil (optional)
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare a muffin pan by inserting paper muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, mix together egg, honey, applesauce, and mashed bananas.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into muffins comes out clean.