Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pork Chops with Apples & Creamy Bacon Grits

I made these pork chops last night and they were delicious. Really good and easy. I didn't make them with the grits, I made mashed potatoes instead. I honestly don't even know what grits are. So if you have some pork chops in the freezer that you don't know what to with, try out this recipe! And if you do want to make the grits, click on the title and you will find the recipe there. And if you do make the grits, let me know how they taste! I got this recipe from The Pioneer Woman.

Pork Chops with Apples & Creamy Bacon Grits

Ingredients

  • 6 whole Boneless Pork Chops, About 1/2-inch Thick
  • 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
  • 2 Tablespoons Butter
  • 2 whole Gala Apples, Diced
  • 1/2 cup Dry White Wine (I used white wine vinegar instead)
  • 2 teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
  • 3/4 cups Pure Maple Syrup
  • 1 dash Salt
  • Freshly Ground Black Pepper
  • Creamy Bacon-Cheese Grits (see My Tasty Kitchen Recipe)

Preparation Instructions

Note: See my TastyKitchen recipe box for my Creamy Bacon Cheese Grits recipe.

Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and butter and heat until butter in melted.

Salt and pepper both sides of pork chops. Brown them on both sides until nice and golden. Remove pork chops from the skillet and set on a separate plate.

Reduce heat to medium. Add apples and stir to combine them with the oil, and butter that remains in the pan. Pour in wine and vinegar, then whisk along the bottom of the pan to deglaze it. Cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Pour in the maple syrup, then add a dash of salt and pepper. Stir, then return pork chops to the pan. Cover the pan and simmer on low for 20 minutes.

Serve pork chops on top of a generous helping of Creamy Cheese Grits (mashed potatoes are good, too) and spoon the apple-maple sauce over the top, allowing the liquid to drip over the grits.

1 comment:

  1. Yum. I can't wait to try this! I made the roast beef soup that you posted a long time ago this week and it was so delicious!

    ReplyDelete