Monday, May 2, 2011

Cheese buns

First make your typical bun recipe (I use this one from Erin Cahoon). Then instead of forming the dough into buns, you roll it out on a greased surface and spread lots of grated cheddar cheese over it. Then roll it up and cut into sections (just like you would do cinnamon buns but using cheese instead of cinnamon and sugar). Let rise on the pan for 1 hour then bake at 350 for about 15-20 minutes. As soon as they come out of the oven glaze the tops with about 1/4 cup melted butter mixed with a couple tablespoons of Johnny's garlic spread seasoning (you can buy it at Costco but I'm sure garlic powder or something similar would work too). Anyways these taste soooo good. Try it next time you make buns. When I make the bun recipe I use half the dough for regular buns and half the dough for cheese buns. I hope this recipe/post makes sense.

Debbie

3 comments:

  1. mmmm, cheese buns. i use that bun recipe from erin too, it's one of my faves! didn't she used to make poppyseed braid type bread too? we should ask her for that one! Good idea, today is looking like a rainy/windy/ cheese bun kind of day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gr8. luvd it. tyvm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these today and they were sooooooooooooooo good! i used Erin's bun recipe and they were AMAZING. Brad and the boys LOVED them. They tasted like heaven on earth.

    ReplyDelete