Tuesday, March 22, 2011
I got this recipe from allrecipes.com: http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/lemon-pepper-salmon/Detail.aspx
This recipe is very quick. It only takes about 15 minutes from start to finish. Cook some baby frozen mixed vegetables from Costco and you have an easy, tasty meal! Also goes well with a spinach salad.
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 4 (4 ounce) salmon steaks
* 1 teaspoon minced garlic
* 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
* 1 teaspoon salt (I found this to be way too salty since the lemon pepper that I bought (I used McCormick) had salt in it as well, so I would only do about 1/4 tsp. salt and add more if you like)
* 1/4 cup water
* 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
* 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro (my husband doesn't like cilantro, so I tried this recipe without the cilantro and it is still yummy)
* 2 cups boiling water
* 1 cup uncooked couscous
1. Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place salmon in the skillet, and season with garlic, lemon pepper and salt. Pour 1/4 cup water around salmon. Place tomatoes and cilantro in the skillet. Cover, and cook 15 minutes, or until fish is easily flaked with a fork.
2. Bring 2 cups water to boil in a pot. Remove form heat, and mix in couscous. Cover, and let sit 5 minutes. Serve the cooked salmon over couscous, and drizzle with sauce from skillet.