Thursday, October 25, 2012

Bannaberry Bombs

I was looking for a healthy banana muffin recipe  and I came across this one in my "Loneyspoons"  cookbook.  I have to find healthy baking recipes because I love to bake and I could probably be 300 pounds, especially when I am nursing!!!  I LOVE to eat when i am nursing!! :) Usually I eat pretty healthy but for some reason when I am nursing I find it hard.

Anyways, this is a great recipe.  It has a lot of fibre, flax, oats, whole wheat and blueberries.  If your family doesn't like blueberries in their muffins (like mine)  I just used half the amount of blueberries.  Also, this recipe doesn't have a lot of sugar, so make sure your bananas are nice and ripe!
  • 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats 
  • 1/2 cup each whole wheat flour and all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/4 ground flax or wheat germ
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 cup ripe bananas (about 3 large or 4 small)
  • 1/4 cup butter melted
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
  1. Preheat oven to 375.  Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
  2. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
  3. in a med. bowl whisk together bananas, butter and egg.  add wet ingredients to dry and stir until just moistened.  Gently fold in blueberries.
  4. Bake for 20 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment