Friday, March 2, 2012

Lemon Chicken (with asparagus?) and Noodles!

I googled "easy 30 minute meals" the other day, and found myself a keeper.


Ingredients:
  • 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/3 cup flour
  • 6 Tablespoons butter, divided
  • 2 Tablespoons finely chopped onion (ha! oops! I just noticed that it says 2 Tbsp! I actually put a whole onion in... but it was still uh-maze-ing!)
  • *Optional (and highly recommended): 1 cup bite-sized asparagus pieces (I had some on hand, and it was a perfect addition!)
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 2 - 3 cups egg noodles ('cause egg noodles are the bomb diggity!!!)

Directions:
  1. Slice chicken crosswise into narrow strips. Coat lightly with flour.
  2. Saute chicken in 3 Tablespoons of butter, over medium-high heat, until cooked through, stirring frequently.
  3. Remove and keep warm. (Cook egg noodles according to package directions, drained and lightly butter.)
  4. Add onion to pan and cook until soft, about 1 to 2 minutes. (At this point, I also added the 1 cup of bite-sized asparagus pieces! Saute them right along with the onions.)
  5. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add lemon juice and bring to a boil until mixture is reduced to about 1/3 cup (4 to 5 minutes). **I cooked mine for a little longer, until the asparagus was good n' done!
  6. Remove from heat and add remaining 3 Tablespoons butter. Don't be alarmed if it looks too watery! Once the chicken is added, it thickens up nicely!
  7. Return chicken to pan and heat through. Serve with egg noodles. (I just threw my drained noodles right in the pan, and mixed everything together. Money.)
Makes 4 servings.

2 comments:

  1. done and done. making this tomorrow. i even have asparagus, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this for dinner today! It was awesome& so easy! I didn't have any asparagus, but it was still great!

    ReplyDelete