- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup flour
- 6 Tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped onion (ha! oops! I just noticed that it says 2 Tbsp! I actually put a whole onion in... but it was still uh-maze-ing!)
- *Optional (and highly recommended): 1 cup bite-sized asparagus pieces (I had some on hand, and it was a perfect addition!)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 - 3 cups egg noodles ('cause egg noodles are the bomb diggity!!!)
- Slice chicken crosswise into narrow strips. Coat lightly with flour.
- Saute chicken in 3 Tablespoons of butter, over medium-high heat, until cooked through, stirring frequently.
- Remove and keep warm. (Cook egg noodles according to package directions, drained and lightly butter.)
- Add onion to pan and cook until soft, about 1 to 2 minutes. (At this point, I also added the 1 cup of bite-sized asparagus pieces! Saute them right along with the onions.)
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add lemon juice and bring to a boil until mixture is reduced to about 1/3 cup (4 to 5 minutes). **I cooked mine for a little longer, until the asparagus was good n' done!
- Remove from heat and add remaining 3 Tablespoons butter. Don't be alarmed if it looks too watery! Once the chicken is added, it thickens up nicely!
- Return chicken to pan and heat through. Serve with egg noodles. (I just threw my drained noodles right in the pan, and mixed everything together. Money.)