Monday, January 2, 2012

Smoothies Rock!

I LOVE a good smoothie. Any time of the day, and any day of the year. Truth: I make them... a lot. Maybe too much. Here are two of my FAVORITE recipes.

a classic..
Orange Julius
  • ¾ cup frozen orange juice concentrate
  • 2 cups milk
  • ½ cup sugar or splenda
  • 1 tsp vanilla (make sure it's the real good stuff from Mexico... cue mouth watering... AHHH I LOVE IT!)
  • 1 whole tray of icecubes
Put all ingredients into blender, and blend until all icecubes are completely crushed. Then.. gulp it like crazy! It totally tastes like orange creamsicles. YUM!

Makes 6 cups!



Berry-Orange Smoothie
(This is just a "berrified" version of the beloved orange julius. I kind of just throw it together, so I don't really have measurements. Adjust to your liking!)
  • 2-ish cups frozen mixed berries (or frozen raspberries and blueberries- whatevs)
  • 1 - 2 cups milk (depending on how thick you like it- start out with less, and add more if needed)
  • - ¼ cup sugar or splenda
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 - 3 spoonfulls frozen orange juice concentrate!!!! Yum...
Put all ingredients into blender, and blend until smooth. Then, once again.. gulp it like crazy! The hint of orange makes my taste buds smile.

Makes 2-ish cups!
 

1 comment:

  1. i love smoothies too. we usually make one for breakfast. we have a vitamix and it makes the BEST smoothies! I usually add spinach and flax and a carrot and you don't even notice! although I think this morning I added a little too much because ben told me it wasn't good and tasted old. I will have to give these ones a try!

    ReplyDelete