Friday, April 20, 2012

Homemade Burgers

So Karen gave me some Elk hamburger and I wanted to see how burgers would be.  I might add that I love elk meat, it is amazing to work with and literally NO GREASE.  Also free range and totally organic! We made these last night and I paid attention to what I was doing cause I knew Karen would tell me to "put it on the Blog." :) Anyhow these turned out delicious, so as always Enjoy!

1 pound hamburger
1 egg
1/3 cup ketchup (you could use your favorite BBQ sauce for more zip)
1 1/2 Tbsp Onion Soup mix
Cracked pepper and Salt

Put all the ingredients into a bowl and smoosh together.  Cut some wax paper or parchment paper into 5 inch squares.  I always use 2 plastic bags(sandwich size ziploc) over my hands and form burgers. Make sure they are not too thick and homemade burgers shrink so make them about 4 inches in diameter and about 1/2-3/4 of an inch thick. Place each individual burger on a piece of parchment. (Using the paper makes it so the burgers don't fall apart when putting them on the grill, and way less touching of raw meat:) )  Cook until there isn't any pink left! Makes 6 burgers.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Sarah! I can't wait to try these. I think I'm going to make these this week. It's supposed to be 24 on Monday! Good BBQ weather.

    ReplyDelete